Friday, April 29, 2011

To Wear or Not to Wear: The Harem Pant

Please know that as I'm writing this post, I'm totally giggling at the photos and the topic. Feel free to follow suit.

Ok, so I braved the debut of my Catherine Malandrino harem pants yesterday, and I'm not sure how I feel about the experience. Ah, the trials and tribulations of taking fashion risks! I didn't get a single compliment at work or at happy hour, though I did receive a few of the requisite MC Hammer references (which, to be fair,were completely warranted). I even did a few Hammer shuffles just to show that I wasn't bothered by the snarky joke (even though I kind of was).

I also feel like if I lived in New York it would have gone over better, but then, maybe I'm just in fantasy land. Should I be wearing these or should I sell them on eBay? What would make them better? Higher heels? Gwen Stefani hair? I'd love to hear what you think (and I promise, I will not take offense if you think they should be left back in the 1980s. Cross my heart).

Also, they're so high-waisted (and not in a good way) that I have to fold them over--kind of adds an unnecessary layer around my middle.



Can't see well enough? Well, here's a closeup. At least there's a lot of pocket space!



Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment