Saturday, April 16, 2011

Pret-A-Coachella

What's a girl to do when it's a Monday and her co-worker says she's headed to Coachella on Thursday? She squeezes in two one-hour shopping sessions, and then miraculously manages a one-hour style & photo session, of course! Sound ridiculous? It probably is. But check out these photos before you make too swift a judgement.

Nahal had a few of these items already, we purchased a few more on Monday and Tuesday, and then I brought some accessories from my stash for our Wednesday style session. We literally had one hour, so unfortunately we weren't able to run outside to give these outfits the lighting they deserve. I'm guessing they'll get the sunlight (and attention!) they warrant at Coachella.

We did some mix & match with different accessories. I tried to narrow down how many photos to post, but I'm just so in love with all of these outfits/shots, that I could not possibly pare it down any more.

Up first: a bomb dress from Aritzia (amazing Canadian store Nahal introduced me to. It will probably be my new obsession once I have time to shop there for myself), paired with some fushia hoops and my very own fedora. The color of the dress is unbelievably beautiful on Nahal.






Next, yet another fabulous find at Aritzia, with Nahal's tourquise bikini underneath. In the first shot is a necklace I bought at a vintage store in the East Village while shopping with my mother-in-law, and in the other shots you'll see the gold belt we bought at Loehmann's. The gold belt accentuates everything!




Next, a Young, Fabulous and Broke dress Nahal had ordered especially for Coachella. It looks amazing on its own, but again, the gold belt and gold Steve Madden gladiators really amp it up.



I love this next outfit: very causal yet surprisingly adorable (and perfect for the Coachella heat).


And last, a ridiculously cute romper paired with, what else, the gold belt!





A special thanks to Nahal for letting me play Coachella dress-up! She and I will do another session soon when we can play around with her whole wardrobe and hopefully get some outdoor shots.

No comments:

Post a Comment