Sunday, March 27, 2011

Business Travel--Part 1

It's Sunday night, and first thing in the morning I'm off for my 2nd business trip in as many weeks. Knowing that I only had 3 days at home, I didn't even bother to unpack this weekend! So as per usual, I got home tonight after a day filled with Bay Area fun (miniature golf, the movies, a lobster roll at Sam's Chowder House, mmmmm...) and ran straight into the bedroom for my pre-trip ritual: digging in my closet and playing dress up until half my wardrobe is on the floor (I decided to blog about it rather than pick it up! Procrastination is under-rated). It got me thinking--can I put together some tips on travel wear? I travel so frequently for work that I consider myself to be a business travel expert packer. There's so much to consider: different climates, fabric wrinkling, the extreme temperatures on the plane, SHOES! It has taken me years to learn how to bring fewer pairs of shoes than days of travel... pathetic, I know. But now I start with the shoes (I try to just bring one work shoe, possibly a travel shoe, and my running shoes) and go from there. I'm traveling to a warm climate tomorrow which means all of my neglected summery clothes have been vying for my attention. It's wonderful that I get to wear my peep-toe shoes and pretty blouses, but it's hard to narrow it down! I want to wear it all!

Anyhow, back to the shoes...a wise choice of shoe is a comfortable one, especially if you're planning to walk a lot or you're on your feet for long periods of time. Now, comfort does not need to be synonomous with ugly, I promise! I frequently notice when scoping out other ladies' outfits in the hotel elevator that so many women are still stuck on pointy-toed stiletto heels. Really? There are so many flats, round-toe, thicker heel (or wedge) shoes that look just as sexy and/or powerful as any pointy toe. I know, Stacy and Clinton always tell you a pointy toe gives a longer line and makes your legs look longer... but notice in the last few years they've stopped saying that? Because there are so many other options!

I will post some travel outfits this week, but for now I'll let you ponder shoes...and here are a few delights that fit my above criteria (all descriptions are linked in case you want to buy!).

Until later in the week... ciao!



Sam Edelman Ionia in Flamingo Pink $110


Sam Edelman Wynonna in Antique Gold-Sale $160
Bandolino Jenay $72

Seychelles Aquamarine $72
Kate Spade New York Karolina in Strawberry Patent $298
Seychelles Pot of Gold $90

MICHAEL Michael Kors Tonne Bootie $185
Tory Burch Sylvia Linen Pump $325
Yves Saint Laurent Tribtoo - You don't want to know the price on this one ($795)

2 comments:

  1. I stay away from peep toe shoes because I'm too lazy to paint my toenails. Are naked peeping toes ok in your book? what about peeping socks or peeping tights?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're committing social suicide if you have naked toes. (kidding, obviously). It's fine, so long as your shoes are cute enough to make up for it! And peeping tights are ok these days; as for socks... I suppose it depends. I'm having nightmarish visions of white athletic socks peeping out! But if they're statement socks I think it would fly.

    ReplyDelete